Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Free For All: Like a Moth on the Pavement

Happy Friday! I've decided to start sharing some of my short stories and poems I've been writing in my degree classes, and at the same time I've been itching to try out Wattpad, so I am killing two birds with the proverbial one stone and posting a new short or poetry piece every Friday. I think short stories are a great way to get my creative juices flowing, and also to provide you with a taste of my writing style.

This week's offering is about a college-aged girl, Colleen who finds herself in a position she didn't expect.

Here is the few sentences and if you would like to read more click the link below:

“What the hell is wrong with the doors?” Jace tossed his usual Marlboro Menthols on the register belt and stared, interrupting my Friday night penance at the express register.  Most nights Jace left me alone, and I ignored that he watched me from the office’s one-way glass. 

His green eyes flicked over me, settling on my name tag. “I’m calling maintenance, but hell if I am waiting around. Neither are you

The stifling air seeped into the temperature controlled purgatory, making the automatic doors stick. I was melting; from the humid air or the heat radiating from his gaze I couldn’t be sure.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment