Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: Love's True Second Chance by Jeff Dawson


Normally, most of the books I read for review are genre fiction, but when I had the chance to read a memoir about a second chance at love, I couldn’t pass it up.

Jeff Dawson’s Love’s True Second Chance is a poignant glimpse at love and redemption. The author’s conversational style sweeps you into the story from the first moments. Dawson’s anecdotes about the time spent with his high school sweetheart are heartwarming. If you are a fan of real-life love stories, I recommend adding Love’s True Second Chance to your reading list.  

You can find Jeff Dawson on Amazon 
 
From the Author:
After Debbie passed, I asked her girls if they would like for me to chronicle the short time their mom and I spent together. In thirty years, the total time was twenty-five months. But it was an amazing twenty-five months. They agreed to the idea. They thought it would be a wonderful tribute to their mom and they might even learn a few stories about her. And learn they did.
I'll admit, it was tough reconstructing our years in high school. Everything was going well until I went off to college. Our relationship went downhill rapidly. Despite not being very happy, no, really pissed off, I never could forget her. 
One of the most important lessons I learned when we reunited was, we were brought together when we needed each other the most. I will always cherish and remember the short time we were allowed to share each others lives. 
 
 
 


1 comment: