Monday, February 10, 2014

We Always Seem to Be Spooning

CBS Sunday Morning had a feature on about how we as humans crave cuddling so much so that a therapeutic industry has sprung up to fill that void. What we cannot see to achieve in our relationships, we can now pay for. Do you crave that embrace, that stillness, that moment when two heart beats synch their rhythm, and everything seems to make perfect sense? I do. The story inspired me to write a scene for my upcoming novel, and I would love to share it here but its a little steamy, so I will just tempt you with a few snippets:

I crave that touch, that warmth, that embrace from you in the long hours of night when the earth is quiet and blanketed in soft snow. Somewhere in that space between sleeping and dreaming, we always seem to be spooning. 

 I can tell your level of arousal by the harshness in your voice, the way it grates against my ear before you lick a line from behind my ear down to my shoulder blades, ducking to kiss down my back, slowly pulling your hand out of my mouth as I moan an objection at the loss of what was keeping me orally occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment