Friday, August 2, 2013

Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop

I have been nominated by Natalie Taylor

to take part in the Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop!



The rules:  Each author invites a maximum of five writers to discuss their current summer release and/or work in progress. Answer the five questions below. Share a tasty recipe which relates to current release or work in progress.

Here goes!

1. When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?

    Both… Sweet and Salty… like those incredible Salted Caramel Cake Pops from Starbucks. Good thing I don’t live close to one or I would buy all of them up every day
J

2. Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or pajamas?

 With HEARTBREAK RANCH I completely flew by the seat of my pants, but with my current WIP it is more a combination of pantser and plotter. I let the characters find me first and then I plot out the action.

   Do yoga pants count as real pants?

3. When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?

    Recipes...First time I follow the recipe exactly but after that I don’t measure exactly, I eyeball the ingredients and I wing it adding my own spin on things.

    Now, what to make for dinner?

4. What is next for you after this book?

      Right now I am working on a New Adult Romance and then I have another two I have outlined.  

5. Last Question … on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?

     I would say HEARTBREAK RANCH is about an 8, but I think the next one is going to be closer to 10.   

My Recipe: Something sweet and spicy for dessert.

White Chocolate Mousse With Cranberry Salsa Cruda
For mousse:
  • 4 ounces white chocolate
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 ounces cream cheese
  • 2 ounces crème fraîche
  • Vanilla bean or extract, just a touch
For sauce:
  • 1 cup raw cranberries
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • Zest and juice of 1/2 orange
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
  • Pinch of salt
Melt chocolate with two tablespoons of cream over a double boiler. In another bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and slowly beat until stiff peaks form. (You know you like it stiff.)
In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and crème fraîche until smooth, then add melted chocolate mixture to crème fraîche mixture and whip until well combined. Carefully fold in egg whites. Let set for three hours.
Meanwhile, combine the sauce’s ingredients in a food processor. Taste it together, adjusting the cayenne to the heat that you both desire. When the chocolate mixture has set, pour the sauce on top. If you get swept up and forget dessert while you wait, put the mixture in the freezer — a bit of frigidity won’t keep this mousse down.



Now it’s my turn to nominate some wonderful people: Jan Meredith, Jane Hunt, Heather M Gardner and Pella Grace
Thanks for stopping by and for supporting these amazing authors!

No comments:

Post a Comment